Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Light Thai"

Eastside Road, December 9, 2010—
ANOTHER DINNER FROM a recipe clipping, another attack on the oversupplied pantry. This one gets rid of some frozen fish I bought weeks ago, a can of coconut milk (I bet it's replaced soon), and a tablespoon or two of red Thai curry sauce. It also got me to eat some of a detested vegetable, sweet potato, and I have to admit that in this concoction it was not unpleasant.

Where does Lindsey get these clippings? I'm not asking about the original source: this one came from Sunset, I know; the information's at the bottom of the page. But where does she keep these things for over three years, and what makes her decide to pull one out and put it to the test? No idea. Something to do with foraging, preserving, and memory, no doubt; too feminine and chthonic for me.
#alttext#
It was a fish stew, is what it was, and I think she should keep the clipping.
Chardonnay-Viognier, Panilonco, Colchagua Valley (Chile), 2009; Tempranillo, La Granja 360(Cariñena), 2009

No comments: