Monday, May 28, 2012

Salmon

Eastside Road, May 28, 2012—
LOTS OF EATING today, which I justify to myself, reasoning that a ten-mile walk needs a certain amount of fuel. (I'm training for a long walk on Saturday; I'll let you know how that goes.) So after walking five miles to the neighboring town of Forestville to meet friends for lunch, and finding nothing there looking particularly promising, we drove to the next town for Mexican food. My huevos rancheros seemed a little bland to me, and Stefan said the same of his chiles rellenos, so even though it's a pretty little place, clean and full of colorful and interesting details to please the eye, and even though the food was nicely made and served with real heart, I don't know if we'll be back. Oh well.

And then back to Forestville, and walk the five miles home, where dinner: salmon, simply broiled, with lemon, and the last of the paella from the other night. And tomorrow we'll fast.
Bohemia at lunch; Sauvignon blanc, Preston of Dry Creek, 2010 for dinner
• Mexico Lindo, 9030 Graton Road, Graton, California

No comments: