Monday, November 4, 2013

Hash

hash.jpg
Eastside Road, November 4, 2013—
NEITHER OF US really have any idea what to call it; I've just decided to call it hash. And I have only a rough idea of how Lindsey made it. Clearly she raided the icebox, and came up with a zucchini, a pepper or two, some mushrooms, a bit of Franco's breakfast sausage.

From the pantry: a head of garlic, separated into its cloves; a potato or two; maybe an onion. Yes, I'm sure an onion's involved.

All this got sliced and diced and scattered on a baking sheet, where I'm sure it also got sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake in a moderate oven, I'd guess, until done, I'm sure. It was really good, and smelled marvelous.
Pinot noir, Siebert Ranch (Russian River Valley), 2009: the last of the bottle, as good as the day it was opened.

1 comment:

Curtis Faville said...

I think I mentioned before how my wife used to cook up what we referred to as "gorp".

Gorp had no fixed list of ingredients. It consisted of what could be found in the refrigerator on any given afternoon.

It often consisted of some kind of chopped meat, some carbs and some seasoning.

Beyond that, it was expedient.

Probably the source of hundreds of wonderful stew recipes. Goulash.

Gorp.