Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Turkey Soup

IMG 3266
Eastside Road, December 5, 2016—
IT HAS COME to this, and I have no complaints at all. Cook did a little online research and found a recipe by our old friend David Tanis, who now writes a food column for the New York Times. It involves leftover turkey, of course; onion, celery, carrot, scallions, garlic, and cilantro; and lots of spices: cumin, coriander, black pepper, cinnamon, Cayenne.

And more, added at the end: avocado, jalapeños, and lime wedges. And tortillas, cut in strips, and laid across the top.

Delicious. Green salad.

Timorasso, Derthona, 2016

RESTAURANTS VISITED, with information and rating: 2016
(2015 restaurants)

1 comment:

louann said...

This makes complete sense. Though I've traveled so much less than you, one of the trips I've taken is to the Yucatan. There turkey is often the meat highlighted, and I had wonderful meals with tortillas, turkey, black beans, pickled onions etc. Since that visit I've been a big advocate of turkey tacos - not something much considered in our region. So this soup feels like an extension of that food combination - and I'll do it myself!