Friday, May 27, 2016

The other shoe

IMG 6350
Eastside Road, May 23, 2016—
THE OTHER DAY I told you about a half chicken I cooked: here's the other half. I cooked it in almost exactly the same way: flattened it a bit by smacking it with a good-sized cast iron frying pan, then browning it in the same pan in a little olive oil, then adding pieces of a potato, a couple of carrots, a half-dozen cipollini, a couple of cloves of garlic, and a couple of sprigs of rosemary. I just cooked the whole thing until it was done, as you see here. Then I deglazed the pan with some cheap white. Next time I do this I think I'll throw in some diced bacon, too. Why not?

Yesterday, Sunday, we returned to AT&T Park for another Cubs loss to the Giants. The day's eating was minimal: the usual soft-boiled egg, toast, and cappuccinos for Sunday breakfast; a couple of salame and arugula sandwiches; some Red Hawk cheese on bread.

Multum in parvo

Cheap pinot grigio

RESTAURANTS VISITED, with information and rating:  2016   2015

No comments: